Friday, January 6, 2012

Captivate Me

Captivate me
and lead me through places
I want to go
but never thought possible
catch me up in visuals
of past lives
and the infinitude of stars
then slam me down
back into this world
with your hugs and kisses

You and I
are on a visions quest
I always thought I had to do this alone
but here you are every step of the way
My three eyes peeking
at the horizon
Never have I seen anything more beautiful then your face
To look directly into both
for long periods of time
would mean death
death of the idea that
God does not grant wishes

Captivate me
you being
who so easily
walks into my life
and walks out
but never leaves
I love the slimy trails
you leave all over my soul
It is the golden thread
that leads me back
to my own heart
to slay the demigod set against
my love remaining free

I am captivated by you
I make time in my day
to find you in my dreams
and then I try to find you when I awake
You are amazing
the way you have captivated me
Such the beloved
Kiss me quick
while my mind is closed
So I can feel you
in the spirit of my soul

(c) kalonia jennings 12

2 comments:

  1. I just love you Kalonia...you are well beyond your years....Sankofa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment Sankofa.. I appreciate it so much...

    ReplyDelete