Saturday, January 21, 2012

Satisfied

There have been times in my life
where I have burned in lust
hungered in love
and ached in the agony of desire
Passion seemed more a 
a plate of food always disappearing
right before it's consumed

But what can I say now
What can I say
when I have begun a walk
though a door
which I never knew was there
In love
I have made the cut
I am one of them

I done the robe of one ready
to be given the secrets
the secrets to life and love
the secrets to the beating heart
and the womb
I have become a neophyte
to this love

In the darkness
along these corridors of the mind 
you and I 
and all of creation share
I am searching walls
taking notes
and enjoying the warmth
in my heart
I find in loving this way

As anyone new to something
old habits die hard
I long to touch you
then i remember 
to close my eyes
and i feel you 
in the depths on me
that's more than any touch can give

I am learning 
satisfaction
I am learning how to love
I am learning how to make love
no
really
I am learning how to make love
and make it in abundance

And maybe after
sometime has passed
I will be able to come back
and show others what love is all about

Until then
I will sit this table
Satisfied
That I no longer have to wait
I can enjoy my love
Right now
If I can take it

(c) kalonia jennings 12

No comments:

Post a Comment