Saturday, January 21, 2012

Close to You

I hold a knotted string
trying to gnaw my way through
I will untangle
the sadness
the anger
and the fear

In the waking hours
I see us holding hands
and laughing in that
movie kind of way
Shame it can't all be scripted

I call you darling
you kiss me
softly
Yet
there is no fire
there is no burning
from you

I simply love you

I have spent hours
upon hours with you
I want you to relax
if only to get more
of you inside

Opening this box inside of me
you have quickly become
my favorite treat
loving you
my favorite part of life

Flexing these new muscles
I'm building on the inside
if I look beautiful to you
it's because
you have helped me
set me free

If you have any fears
don't worry
If you have any doubts
of how I have so easily
let you relax back into life
It's cause you love me
and I feel it

Right now
I want to be close to you
I want to
spread the light in your body
with my kiss

Right now
through these words
I take these untangled feelings
and I smile
I close my eyes
to sleep
So I can be close to you


(c) kalonia jennings 12

No comments:

Post a Comment