Friday, January 20, 2012

Just a Touch

Today is a black day
not because it's bad
or evil
but because today
I feel "without"
I feel it 
in my sinews
and in my toes
It's like a shovel
has scooped out 
any feeling of connection 
Is this what happens 
when you get too close
to the divine in your heart
you get poured out 
and turned upside down 
to dry

Today 
I feel like
there is rubble
inside me
solid masses
of scar tissue and words
scratching to get out
Aliens
Is this what a thief feels like
after the last of the money is spent
Is this what a murderer feels like
when remorse hits
I hope not
Cause not even they 
should be cursed to feel this way

I look up to the heaven
behind my closed eyes
and I weep for the ignorance 
foaming up inside me
I sob for the fear
lurking in the corner
and the lack of follow through
leaning over the fence 
about to fall
I will not warn it this time

Right now
my hands are lights
lights pulsing
bright then dim
reaching out
around the debris
and the holes of
my heart and soul

They 
for they are legion
are reaching out
for just a touch
of oneness
an idea
gathered in the faith 
of love's possibility
and the assurance
that one day
it will fill me


(c) kalonia jennings 12

No comments:

Post a Comment