Friday, January 20, 2012

The Only Company

Silly me
foolish you
we were thinking
and it became too much
I became neurotic
and you
an exaggerated freak
of your former self
What happened to
us

Listen
I never meant to
make you think
that I am as stupid
as I am vulnerable
and I wished
you didn't dance like that
side-stepping truth
now let's promenade

I pretended to be
and you pretended to notice
it was a pretty good game
until I called your bluff
Vacant eyes
see more than you
could ever know

Sit down
and stop pacing the floor
it will only deepen the thoughts
I have spent many years with you
you who love to make me
look as silly as
you are a fool
Now I will relax
in this silly foolishness
its seems to be
the only company
I can keep these days

(c) kalonia jennings 12

No comments:

Post a Comment