Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hook, Line, and Time

If I could write
these words would not follow a line
they would take up space
in the spaces beyond time
they would break and bend
til they intersected
I would turn these words
bank them
drift them around in minds

If I could write
these words would not
flow in meters
they would not have pauses
they would be the space
in between these words
I would stack them like bricks
making towers of thoughts
into symbols that speak of
veiled faces and hymns

If I could write these words
they would be in a circle
a in be would they
words these write could I if
looping them like lassos
to fit around my waist
so I could carry them
and remember
they are just words
they have no form in eternity
they will lose significance
when the lines fall back on each other
and future becomes present's past

No comments:

Post a Comment