Friday, August 24, 2012

All This Time

Scattered melodies
nothing syncopated
to the timing of my heart
I tried to catch the beat

Where once
rhythm rhymed
constant to a flow
and back beats
broken down by breaks
rolled my hips
I closed my eyes
and listened
not wanting you
to falter in your flow
I let you lead
like intros

The fade in
made my heart sing
something like
fa la
fa la la la
the hook and chorus
captured me
I got caught up in
the bass
as it vibrated under my feet

In a trance
with eyes open
I listened to the
repetition of my echos
the track so deep
my hands over my head
I forgot
the song had to change

Dancing on this floor
life like strobe lights
kept me guessing
what you looked like
when the lights came up
and when they did
the only thing to be seen
was the sweat dripping from my eyelashes

All this time
I thought you were leading
when it was the beat of time
I couldn't catch your beat
I couldn't follow your rhyme
but in here
within my heart
I found the rhythm
for the next dance

Now
there is nothing
for me to do
but let this feeling fade out
and wait
cause this dj
keeps playing my songs



No comments:

Post a Comment