Friday, August 3, 2012

Fiction

I thought you were magic
the way you kept coming in 
and out of my life
what else was I to think

Years have put a tenderness
to my face
and beliefs in my mind
that you would be 
wonderful to hold in my hands
taste with my mouth

Here you are
and I see I may have
underestimated my heart
and leaned on illusions
I thought I saw someone else
in your eyes

You who came in with intentions 
as pure as mine
where did you misstep
where did I 
Where did we fall asleep

Now that we are awake
maybe you see me now
maybe I saw you then
and we just told each other secrets
because nobody else would listen 

Now that someone else
will listen
I will turn my thoughts inside 
and listen to the thoughts
divide them 
fact from fiction
letting the average
be the ending of this story


No comments:

Post a Comment