Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Finish This

Our fingers unlaced
we kissed
and I woke up

I look at myself in the mirror
I recognize the face
not the tears

Twisting unlocked roots
I'm reminded of the shame
in my heart
how these tight coils came to be mine

Strength and mental anguish
minds twisted and controlled
the desire to match sickness
to imitate a deficiency of soul

I wonder what I would have been
freed from visions and thoughts
of my own inferiority
based off a story told one to many times
feeding the depth of mind

Knowing how doesn't mean action
and action doesn't mean it's ever finished
I will take the reigns of my mind
from those who wish to drive me
over death

I want to make a finish
of the work done
long ago
in the line of women I follow
the first broken spirit
the first captured mind

I want to finish this
and bring them back to
their promise
the last shall be first




No comments:

Post a Comment