Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dreams and Roses

Don't give me roses
Again
I say
don't give me roses
I'd rather you give
a hand when I'm down
a word to lift my spirit
a partner for living
not for my dreams

I can't give
what I don't have
So I won't promise forever
eternity
or always
I will offer my best
but don't hide your worst
and let me do the same

Untangle yourself
from the layers of false patterns
Build me up with words
to feed my strength
and I will offer you praise
fit for a king

Don't try to make me happy
point me to the happy inside me
demand I excavate it
even without you

Don't give me diamonds
They fall as tears from the eyes of our people
Don't give me gold
it was stolen from our land
Give me the diamonds of truth
Give me the gold of peace

I'm awake
don't hypnotize me
with what you think I want
ignoring your own heart

I don't mind dreams
and roses
they are beautiful in stories
they are sufficient for graves

No comments:

Post a Comment