Friday, March 16, 2012

My Best Mistake

When I saw you
Something inside me
broke away from the emptiness
and took flight
I released my doubts to bring it back
but it was long gone

When I laid my hands upon your face
I traveled back in time
and I laid myself in your heart
for today
So that through time
you'd always remember
your touch
It was a touch made just for you

When you're afraid
sometimes you have the courage
to do the one thing
that makes people
shake their heads
and wag their fingers
I feel brave enough
to look foolish loving you

Hearing the inner voice
smile at those words
I feel as if
I am clinking up
the highest point of
the tallest roller coaster
saying " I need you"
and I do
Begins the drop
All I can do is
raise my hands for the ride

Now, you could say
that I am crazy
and silly
and a little selfish
because I don't need you
to ride with me
But if you did
Angels would go giddy
and the heavens would burst into song
"Two more are on their way
 back into the garden"

And I could be wrong
you could turn
flex and run away
You could reject the very heart
I am not placing in your hands
You could take yours
and give it to another
You could laugh

And if you did my love
if you could not
withstand the full force
of a love so true
that it
shakes you to your core
It will be okay
You will have been
My best mistake
and I will love you
always






No comments:

Post a Comment