Sunday, March 11, 2012

Destined


There are those
who never find
the sound of
their inner being calling

They miss the
treasures of tears
and a heart that
moves along an
unfamiliar axis

There are those
who never reach beyond
themselves
Never dare to take
their dreams
and lift them beyond
words


and then there's you

From the moment
you reminded me
there is a promise
in a kiss

I have witnessed
an uncovered being
Whose calling in life
is as assured as
the seashore

In whom
treasures
have formed into omniverses
of talents
That have collided into
one body of life

There's you
in whose body
flow feelings
liquid and deep
emotions
sticky and saturating

You are destined
to follow along
paths uncertain
paths scattered with growing pains

You are destined
to walk in the sight
of stars
to be flung among
your brothers in the skies

You will follow your path
until it has taken you
into the arms of your purpose
I hope only to be a watcher
I wish to be a cheerleader
I want to walk with you
I need to see you shine

You are destined
and I
I want to kiss the cheek of
Spirit for thinking a thought
as beautiful as you

(c) kalonia jennings 3/11/12







No comments:

Post a Comment