Saturday, March 17, 2012

For Goodness Sake

I go deep inside
trying to find
any hint of belief I have
and turn it into knowing
I search within
looking for
those places where worship happens
without proof

I count my blessings
when they are happening
so I won't forget them
when I'm down
And when downs
show up
I count them as my blessings too

I look into the moments
between silence
as fairy tales to be edited
for later use
I take mental paintbrushes
and paint masterpieces
of present, past, and future
all as now

I close my eyes
and ask All That Is
For more of Itself
to manifest in my soul
so that I do not forget
the primal fount

I listen to raindrops
pretend to be wet
My wants pretend to be real
and my needs hide for fear
of pain
Then I set the child loose to ask
I subdue my devil with compassion
and I stand in the equality
of the sky's tears
to become renewed like the trees

I remember
that wholeness
is whole
with no matter
or subtraction
It is a place of
stability

change is unchangeably constant

I stop searching through
the other's eyes
for proof
that I am loved, cared for, and accepted
and I give away
the thing my ego wants
the most

I reach for self's sake
I ask for your sake
and I love
for goodness sake
because where tears fall
there is the greatest joy
and I seek treasures
in the invisible


No comments:

Post a Comment