Monday, March 19, 2012

Because of Love

Sitting
twirling my hair around my fingers
I'm thinking of love
I'm thinking of the way
the life in my body
grows
and stretches towards love
I walk and breath it
I talk and dance it

Every inch of my being
anticipates my inner smile
happy is the only way to describe it
and my mind argues the definition
seeks a source
looks for a reason
and none can be found
not  on the outside of me anyway

I can think of a touch
that makes my skin reach
reach for hands unseen
I can taste the sweetness
In the blood of pomegranates
I can look into eyes
longing to be seen
and see

Love could lay down
in each of these things
but it does not
It leaps from my chest
And wraps around
the beloved

It plays
Peek-a-boo
In the mirror
Of the other
Taking turns
Shouting itself
From twinkling eyes
And big smiles

Love
And its sister happiness
Spend so much time
Inside me
I almost forget
they are
I
The I that looks at me.

I almost forget
They are mine
to have and to hold
In richness and in health
For better and for worse
Beyond the time of this life

It's because of love
I can look at
The clouds and rain
And see comfort
I can find restoration

Sadness
becomes a friend
And I can look at you
To see myself
heal the wounds
Of this life's journey
Then set the soul in you
Free for the same

No comments:

Post a Comment