Saturday, March 24, 2012

Absence

Bent
Almost broken
I take little breaths
of things hanging
Like curtains
Shielding promises
Light
Heats up the inner
and I whisper
At the little things
dancing around
I wish only for love
Without feeling disposable
Wait
Says the pain
Wait and watch me
Transform your heart
Into a fountain
Waters sweet for the thirsty soul
Bitterness
Tenderizes me
Making me think im foul
Making me think
Im unworthy of the best
But it is bitterness
That will make me tender

Girl
Little girl
Sits inside me trembling
Rocking and holding onto
The only person
Always there
Me 

And in the absence
Of they
I hold her
Inside her ache
And wait for her
To burst from the ashes
Hopefully
In time
She, they and I
Will walk somewhere
Under the sun
And the lonely
Of the little girl
Will melt like ice
 In the mouth of a lover

No comments:

Post a Comment