Friday, December 2, 2011

Cause I Love

There is a way away from the byways and paths. I want to go there. I no longer want to travel in plain sight. People have way too much to say about what they do not have the courage to do. I want to live out loud. I want to shout love from the secret places in me. I want to make this whisper inside me, scream. I want to scream your name. and make love til the silver shows in candles, til they become naked.
Silly fools turning love into rituals and rules. Love is raw. Love is the smell in the wild. It's moist and real. Like the musk found between a woman's legs. Love is wild. Why do you try to cage it? Such fools! So afraid of the rushing , roaring sound of waterfalls that you die of thirst. Forget about the manicured ways of this world.. and churn mud with your bodies. Take your souls and release them to the nameless void. Then allow them to sink back into your flesh, bloody and well fed. Stop treating Love as if it's tame.. You will be eaten alive! Why do you think they say love hurts? 
Because I love from the bottom of the deepest part of me, I am considered soft and weak. But it takes a special kind of strength to love this hard. Like the pressure of the water at the ocean floor, loving this deep can crush you. Loving this hard will explode all of your dreams, making them float to the surface, for the ones who can never go that far. They consume the pieces in their jealousy of your courage. Shallow-end love was never for me. The constant push and pulling, the feeling of, what I thought was solid ground, slide right from under me. The insidious way it keeps sinking me deeper and making me stand in place. Love is not for the ones who will not dare to hold their breath long past the point of fear. Love allows you to breathe then takes you back down.  
Laugh at me, if you like. Keep looking on me with eyes of confusion and disgust. In spite of you I will keep taking this journey through the thorns. The battle scars I cherish as a reminder that I am a warrior.. in the truest sense, cause I love. 
(c) kalonia jennings 11

3 comments: