Wednesday, December 14, 2011

With Me (Who Knows)

Touch
What does it mean when
I can feel you all day long
In my mind
I can over and over
share in the essence of your being
I know the in's and out's of it
the you that lives in me
I cannot help but to touch you
Doesn't that count

What is space
but the truth that
We are never apart
The expanse of space
shares our being
Particles and atoms
dust and daisies
they share us
So why can't we see
Why can't we see we are already
in the same space

I could fly a million miles
drive a hundred more
and walk 5 to be in your arms
And when I am there
I could cleave to you
as it is written
But I wouldn't be
any closer to you than I am now
So why this pit in my stomach
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place
Who's on first

With me
songs could take flight in you
With you
I could dance that dance
And we could, you know
We could
Be the kind of being
made stronger
because it's two
So why do my words
forget how to speak
what my heart wants to say
Why does my mind
laugh at my heart
It wants the same thing


Whose to say I am right
you could be a flimsy limb
I have chosen to walk upon
Or that rope that goes flaccid
in a game of tug-of-war
and we both fall

But why waste my deeper feelings
on things I don't want to be
I want to belong in love
I want to have a home there
to rest my head on it's shoulder
Could I do that with you

Who knows
I just know
with me
intimate waters run deep
Would you like a drink

(c) kalonia jennings 11

1 comment:

  1. Very honest piece, I appreciate you sharing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete