Friday, May 13, 2011

The Thin and the Thick of It

We said that we'd be thick as thieves
but what I didn't know was
that you would steal my understanding
and leave only the anger to hang out with

When we'd try for better or worse
I never thought that worse would be coming out of me..
At this time in my life
My light should be shining
Iridescent
and bright
But it's a split between dirty water
and shit....
Huph!
Who would have known
That there was destruction in my tongue
 and meanness in my lips

I thought I would never allow myself
My Self to fall this low...
I thought I would never let myself go backward
Yet I am in full reverse...


The beauty that was mine
is as ugly as the wickedness of the witch
and just as malicious

In my hands I could rip skin from muscle
In my hands
Love has become ashes..

You said that you wanted all of me...
And I thought that meant
the me built up
and wonderful
but you wanted me base and low
Like in the land you live

Well now I'm here
And you look at me in question

You said thick as thieves
Now, I'm going to steal the thing you wanted
and you don't even know what that is!
(c) kalonia jennings 11

No comments:

Post a Comment