Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Me of I....

She's staring at me
and I laugh
because she doesn't know who I am 
But she's looking at me as if I should be afraid
Afraid of the monster she is holding inside her 

Her face contorts into 
images of hate and hostility
and I laugh
because she doesn't know 
I know the truth
 The monster is seeing me
And is seeking its release

Her looks of surprise and consternation
as I never turn my eyes away
yet she
she can't seem to look me in the eyes at all
She just looks on me
Hoping I will turn away
from the seething thickness
of her confusion that rises up 
and collects in tears 
she will not allow to fall

But I see them
each tender drop 
drawing all her hurt and fears 
into coagulated maliced-filled capsules
 she's desperately trying to cover them
in her twisted cloak of understanding 
But she will not let them fall 
because she thinks they will scare her
in her self inflicted shame and guilt
But I know they would cover her in beauty
If she'd ever let them go

She's grinding her mind 
trying to figure out how to recover from the 
seeming ugliness she knows I see
She can't touch me..
Yet she thinks she is affecting me
She thinks she's hurting me
and so she runs
at least in her mind
she tries to keep those 
evil thoughts at bay
through her silence

My poor little me
Fighting the battle 
to come up from the darkness
of the evil in herself

My poor little me
thinking if she can keep this
from my eyes 
 it will disappear

If I were me
I would love that hate-filled,
 hunched-backed, 
deformed
malevolent 
being she locks away in her kindness
But I am not

My poor little me
not remembering she not the window
but the light pouring through
If only she could 
in this 
the most malformed of herself
understand what it means to see me
She would know it's all for service
It's all for peace
It's all for glory
That her twisted existence be

She keeps staring at me
and the monster within her keeps
snarling, and wreathing in pain
not knowing who I am
she will not reach for me 
she cannot ask me for help
But I know her heart
I know her mind

She is aching to release
the monster in love
She is seeking to be free of its presence
A presence which keeps her divided
I see her looking
Looking towards the hell she's in 
and back to me
She knows I am not from her world
She knows 
 in my eyes 
there is Love
Love she thinks she cannot have
Love she thinks she cannot give
The Love she thinks she cannot be


My poor little me
If only she would listen 
to what her eyes can see

she would hear herself saying 
there is not a her and I
the one I am starting at
she is the I of me

(c) kalonia jennings 11



No comments:

Post a Comment