Monday, May 16, 2011

The Simple Things

I digest you
like peaches
whole
ripe
juicy
I see no other way to consume you
you're that wonderful to me
I try to ingest you
but I'm already full
You're plentiful in my world
and I don't even know your name
See, I like the simple things
cotton and patchouli
fresh water
and sunlight with a breeze

I checked you out today
all out
rambling in my head
It's a tease the way
you..
you
...
ooo sorry  got lost in that thought
cause I just love the way
when I call out to you
you are always there
It's addicting

You're simplicity is so hard to understand

sweet kisses
sweet because I laced them with
all the things that I may never get to say
they don't need to be said
You already know

I tried to inter myself in you
thinking it would create an easy button
this is not easy
cause it leaves my insides all out
and loose
and exposed
care for them

I'm lost in you
and you aren't even here
Is this healthy?
Of course it is
because you are the only that is

I twist myself in thoughts
so entwined
I forget
you are a simple thing
I can be dependent on you
and not feel ashamed

Love..
the word crawls up my spine
and sticks in my throat
but you give me a sacred kind
One that has not variations on a theme.
I appreciate that.
Because I want to be hidden in the shadows
of a love that has no "kind"
A love that has no opposite
The love that is you..

ahh! the simple things

(c) kalonia jennings 11

No comments:

Post a Comment