Monday, June 25, 2012

Without Words

There's a pain inside me
my eyes strain to see through tears
I'm looking at my memories
Seeking the things that make me afraid
Your face flashes across my mind
and sadness wraps itself around my smile

I love you
and that means nothing
in the silence of this room
the sting in my eyes
I know I am reaching for something
but I know I cannot ask
I dare not ask

Weak from the pressure
of carrying the pebbles of feelings
I wait under the idea
that ambiguous words have weight
I'm bending and what for
you are laughing at my silliness
your words have been spoken
and that word is bond

Making up for lost time
I leave my tears on the pillow
I tuck love in my shoes
and I rest my heart on the dresser
it's a better accessory to me there
than in my chest bleeding
while I'm living without words

No comments:

Post a Comment