Monday, June 25, 2012

From Here

Everything looks so big
everything seems so far
looking up
I don't know where I am

Falling farther
seeing the bottom
but my feet never hit the ground

I brace for impact
Plug my ears against the sounds
broken hearts sounds like glass
when they hit life's walls

Somehow I wish I knew how far
how far I need to fall
to find my way from here
to find my way back home

Don't tell me
it's okay
the silver linings tarnished
the lights gone murky
hope has runaway

I want to find my season
even if it's cold
I need to find my place
before I loose control

Control of thinking the sun is coming
that dawn will soon peek through
I thought I held the morning
when I was holding you

Now
I have to find my path
holding hands with memories
Happiness a figment
Sweetness of love a ghost

How did I get from there to here
When will I find my way from here
I need to find my home

No comments:

Post a Comment