Thursday, December 20, 2012

Bowed

I kissed your lips this morning
I touched the side of your face
closed my eyes
and reminded myself
of you

I touched your eyes
and prayed you see far
looking into things
bringing smiles and light
to your heart

I touched your lips with mine
and asked for your honesty
I asked for your thoughts
I asked for the things you
are too embarassed to share
they could never change the way I see you

I allow my hair to cover your head
I needed to remind myself
of your protection
I needed to speak my appreciation
I wanted you to know
what I always knew
you love

covering your body
I touched each place
with lips and eyes
I need them to become my friends
I need to know they could hear me
I need them to come forward in you

Holding your hand
I forget the pain of this life
I bowed myself before you
because you are worthy of my love
you are worthy of my praise
and you are every man I could ever want

No comments:

Post a Comment