Sunday, December 30, 2012

Reflections of Rain

I never thought
hand me downs were bad
until my mind opened
and I realized I carry inside me
old thoughts
behaviors and feelings
so worn and outdated
they didn't fit anyone
not anyone who wanted to feel  deeply

I never knew
years behind rose colored glasses
would change the way I see
distorting the image of myself
where is my courage
where is my ability
where is the love
My mind was to help me create a life
not to be folded in half
doubled over
and ripped into so many pieces

What can I do
when years of faulty feelings
kept me locked in a dream
now Im awake
my home is dilapitaed
my cubbards are bare
and I have nothing to give myself

What should I do
I do not know this way
I'm blinded by pure light
after spending years in the dark

The only visions I have
are reflections
reflections in tears
in thoughts
and of rain
all of what I thought I knew
falls and dissappears in the rain



No comments:

Post a Comment