Friday, February 3, 2012

Look Up?

It's bleak inside
I'm not sure 
if I am to blame
or if life has dragged
the us down
Have I told you 
about the lead ballons

Even as they weigh down my hands
my heart soars
even as the tears
collect and settle at the edges of my eyes
I still feel alright
I pitty the fool
in me

I over extend my hands
to make sure they are open
to release 
as well as recieve
I let go
and pray to have the strength 
to walk away
I dare not look back
I fear turning into salt

Silence for right now
is my comfort and my kin
uncertainty is deft at 
cutting the fat feelings
from the lean meat 
of reality
which I shall marinate in a sweet red

A bloody hell seems
to be my purgatory
filled til I'm gurgling and choking in it
What can I say of you
outside of the fact
you are captive of your own heart
and you threw the keys 
to those who don't care

Why look up to heaven
If it is somewhere inside me
I need I directions
because I need.. 
It's that simple
I need 
and only heaven can provide the balm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment