Friday, February 24, 2012

The Game


I take one step toward you
and you freeze
but I haven't touched you
not how I really want to
not yet at least

Olly olly
oxen free
that's how I wish to keep you
but you seem to want to
entangle yourself
in the rules of a game
that we both said
do not exist

Love, May I
set you
and myself free
cause we should be laughing
and dancing
and hmm
doing that thing that
makes smiles creep to faces
when we're playing hard

Hide and
come get it
cause I said it
I mean it
I am for you
at least while
you wanna hold it
and touch it
and close your eyes
cause you've already seen it

Spin the bottle
and watch it land on me everytime
cause right now
you know
I see you in a way that
many won't
most can't
and some
will only try

So, I'm going to
make a "T" with my heart
and ask my mind
to take a time out
if you ask
that part of you
that thinks it knows
to stop taking cutting
the line

Then we can trade this game in
for something that looks like
what we know it can
and will be
when we both let our children lead

______ and ____ sitting in a tree
k-i-s-s-i-n-g... first comes love
and nothing else needs to follow
but trusting minds
open hearts
and the courage to be
It

No comments:

Post a Comment