Saturday, April 23, 2016

Neverwas

I broke a branch of my heart
tying knots around it
trying to staunch the beating when he came close
I broke it before his reasons for checking up
took it for a ride
kicking at the gourds
I've stubbed my feelings
for lack of words in the subtleties
of the vague shades of grey left for me to decipher
this puzzle has no edges
no matching colors nor shapes
he pinched himself awake
and left me dreaming
I guess I am prettier this way
surprised the sun has come back
to shine on me another day
us is ragged at the edges
and we’ve never worn it
I’m standing naked sewing together
words never said but always said
I’m still naked when I put them on
this is the last time I listen to
lips stuttering love
broken syllables help me understand
we don’t speak the same
and maybe we never did
Tumblr | 3EyesOpen | Neverwas
kalonia jennings 2016

1 comment:

  1. Interesting and important information. It is really beneficial for us. Thanks bizarro juice shop

    ReplyDelete