Saturday, April 23, 2016

Most of the Time

Lift up these words
and you would expose yourself to
the spaces in the realities of my mind
places I won't let just anybody into
but everyone gets to see

Look deeply at the gaps between the letters
and I can promise you
you can hear my happiness there
you can see my future in the white spaces on this page

I love deep
but not with feelings
I love like life expands
taking these words I attempt to dig into your chest
and press my cheek to green hues of your spirit
just to remind you
you love
you love like life expands

Moments like this I tempt myself to feel
to feel the lonely I often read about
But then I sit and type words like these
I imagine you reading them
and it fills me up because you wrote them with me

Most of the time I'm like this
and not ashamed
but you lifted up these words
and saw the secret raw places in me
I can't hide again

No comments:

Post a Comment