Friday, December 11, 2015

Inheritance

When I kissed him for the first time
I tasted tears
In his touch I felt
a thousand rejected embraces
that is when I realized
someone's pain
gave birth to the man I love

She
There is always a she before
before the days of deep loving
intimacy
transparency
She is there asking him to show up
asking him to pour out
her Being
fed up
ripped him open
and exposed the vulnerability
she always needed

I wonder
how many times she prophesied my coming

He found me
and built an unfathomable love around me
but I am not ignorant
it was her pain which shaped him
molded him
chiseled him into the man
from the block of boy
he once was

When I first kissed him
I tasted tears
and was reminded someone deposited love
to received little in return

In my kiss
I thanked her for her patience
and her release
I will spend my inheritance
wisely


No comments:

Post a Comment