Monday, September 7, 2015

Reach

I had it in my hand
beautiful and shining
I could smell the crispness
could almost taste the freshness
as my thumb rolled over the taut skin
then I heard his voice

walking up behind me
like every meeting
he wrapped his arms around my waist
burrowing his face into my neck
inhaling deeply
when my eyes closed
I almost pulled it from it's place

I release my hold on it
turning toward him
placing my hands on his face
yielding to his kiss on my forehead
my eyes forget the shining
my hand the crispness the freshness
and I reach to the extended hand in front of me

he's taking me somewhere
I can see from the smile on his face
before I have a chance to ask
we stop before the tree
sitting in the midst of all the others

he reaches for it
while his hand is in mine
I feel everything through him
the light  the truth  the way
He releases it from it's place
takes a bite and gives it to me

I reach
and I bite
not knowing I'm forever changed
not knowing we are forever changed


No comments:

Post a Comment