Sunday, September 6, 2015

Dedicated

You look like a friend

Intimacy running through this 
like veins in marble
Taking the time to listen
your words leave little room for confusion
your actions mimic your words
and echos back from 
a revealed spirit

I can take you seriously
you know what you want

So I dedicate myself to
peeling back and
sloughing off the past
allowing the future to unfold 
in ways the present can present 


Dear friend
you've loved on me like family
taken my hand when it dangled by my side
empty
when my soul was congested with 
broken promises and mistakes
you offered your patience and guidance
to clear the way
and you let my light shine in you

I dedicate the story of my life to you

In you the conclusion is the conclusion
and I am happy you look like a friend




No comments:

Post a Comment