Sunday, December 1, 2013

King and I

He stood in his height
and no matter how he turned his face
I could not find a flaw
I served his beauty
bowed to the majesty
made love to him
like queen and concubine
but he was invested in playing the fool

Jester to his own weakness
clown to his own fears
I bowed to him
he bowed to nothing
but the vacancy of feelings in himself

His silliness made me the joke
on everyone's lips
his blindness meant
he couldn't see his own majesty
so he played the slave
but no matter how he turned his face
I would not see a flaw

I could not see anything
until it all fell down
the juggling of his foolish folly and lies
hit the ground crying
so invested in playing the jester
he would not take his throne
so I bowed to the King and I
walked away

No comments:

Post a Comment