Saturday, December 14, 2013

A Poem

There was a poem here
it was full of words 
that would've spoke
straight to your heart
but I deleted them
you don't need to know 
I still think about you

Right here is where 
there would've been something 
about what it felt like
to touch you
listen to you

This is the place where
I would've told you how it felt 
to be with someone like you
the miracles and the magic
the butterflies and the anticipation
but I deleted them

Here's where I told
the concocted version of you
because the only you I knew
was the you in my head
birthed by what you didn't say
and the master-ship of my imagination

And the conclusion was
something like a reminder
that when it feels like family -- run
and when you can never know the truth
so chapters close
a poem can be a fitting beginning to the end

 

No comments:

Post a Comment