Thursday, November 21, 2013

Understand

I don't think we ever knew each other
I think through all the talking
we were hiding in the silence
in all the omissions and secret places
you knew something
I didn't want to believe true but probably is

I think the many cards laid on the table
were a way for us to feel

but facts aren't essence

and it's always easy
to let someone else take over
to play the hand we were too afraid to expose

suggestions of truth
lead to images
and too many suggestions
keep emotions ankle deep and safe
to peel open and to let the soul be sliced
to expose something dark
people to paste shadows to 
and nothing more
or people twinned separated at life 
and nothing less

I don't think we ever knew each other
I think we looked into eyes that
weren't windows but mirrors
and shuttered at the thought
of the images telling the truth
Or maybe there's something in you
I can never understand
so I'll turn off the light in me
for you


No comments:

Post a Comment