Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pomegranates

I listen to the noise
waiting for something I understand
waiting for the definition
chewing the inside of my cheek
thinking inside my head
I want to know

I want It to define Itself
all I receive for my desire
is a memory and some melodies
I watched words
float over the inside of my forehead
trying to put them together
I lost my desire

I remember some feelings
I thought would tell me a story
I remember a touch, a grasp
I remember being held
I know now it wasn't It

Hungry
I search for something to eat
maybe delaying the feeling
would define It for me

I cut a pomegranate
watch it bleed
to my surprise there lay the answer
as I try carefully to bite into it's seeds
the juice stains everything it touches
my chin
lips and fingers
this is love It said

As careful as I am
a greater mess I make
each seed bursting
pressed to the roof of my mouth
this is love
It said


No comments:

Post a Comment