Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Green

I captured it
in the colors of moss and cream
a city made for me
funky and classic
with the feeling like the taste of cake
made from scratch

I saw myself
in it's fog covered buildings
and it's winding ways
the order and the illogical
crammed with tight streets
and open minds

It called to me
and I went
interpreting it's meaning
so simplistically
like a silly girl would
It wanted to be my beloved
I didn't understand

Feeling my eyes opening
it leaves no doubt
of who it wants
like a lover
its holding out essence to me
in all the ways I can feel it
It asks me to receive

I've been so naive
like the green of a peach
not knowing it's ripeness
Thinking deep
thick
rich
love
is only found in arms and lips
The earth calls me home
it calls me to embrace it
I hear you and I'm coming



No comments:

Post a Comment