Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wisdom's Fool

Shaking my fists at the sky
tears streaming from my eyes
this was how it was supposed to be
and I should have known

The feeling of home
wrapped in scents of earth
and dust
I lay down the beads of my love
I brake the string
and watch them roll

Only in my dreams
have I ever been wise
or so it seems
my wisdom wears the mask
my soul bears the scars

Weakened over time
I peel layers of burnt skin from my heart
I stood to close
now I must heal

Empty, shallow, hollow words
are all I have left
it's strange how you feel so important
when you think someone sees you
and how empty you feel
when you realize they only saw
what could be used

when all things lose their shine
when they are worn from use
and in that use
have become beloved
to let them go seems easy

But when you are wisdom's fool
you rest in knowing
the only thing real is
the pain being replaced
and watching that pain come true

No comments:

Post a Comment