Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mystery Loves Company

I once told him
in between my silence
that the broken clocks
in me were right
only twice a day

I made sure
I warned him
of the monsters
that hung around my mind
that they were friendly
and they bite

I told him of the love
I failed to retrieve
at the end of rainbows
I just didn't know
what I didn't know
the scariest monsters of all

I scouted all the places
in me
I could find
ready to share them
shine light into them
let them air out

I just didn't know
there were rooms
with names
of unknown things
or I would have warned him
I would have warned
his tender heart

Here's my warning to anyone
leaning on loves wall
waiting to be picked
on the next song

mystery loves company
and it finds a home
in our hearts
it leans to cut-in
right when we are ready
to pull close and embrace
our time

Leave room for the mystery
tell it's story well
or you might find yourself
standing in front of destiny
unprepared


No comments:

Post a Comment