Thursday, February 11, 2016

All Mine

I've been waiting for a moment like this.
Where I can lay my hands on my head
and let my fingers slip through
the lines that were once kinks.
I remember the shame
of my beads not hanging long enough.
Now, it's all mine

I've been waiting for a moment when,
I could make something all about me,
all of me,
and not have to sanitize it for anyone
who might not be able to relate,
but I've had to.
I can finally look in the mirror
and not wish another was there.
Now, I'm all mine.

Been waiting for a moment to
look back and grab the beauty,
the power,
the grace,
the majesty
of my legacy, of my ancestry
and bring it forward.
Like I do when I put my hands on my head
and let my fingers slip through the lines
that were once kinks.

It's all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment