Thursday, October 1, 2015

Reclaim

Here lies all the names
that once covered my hopes
with someday's and forever's
I no longer need to keep them
as memories pressed between
my present and my future

I open the pages
chant each name
to unbind them from me
to set them free

first love
pomegranates
crisp
unexpected smiles
bathing suits
night woods
hands
emerging hearts
mellow
harts with fresh air
subtle

a beautiful poem of my love

untied from the stones of
what was done before
I blow kisses at ghost lovers
break the bones of their skeletons
boil them with forgiveness
and mix it with honey to drink
they will become
part of the cells I exfoliate
to make me glow

Deep inside I pull a string
a light flickers on and fades luminous
and there no longer in the shadows
I see the one I love the most
I have slain the many-headed dragon of the past
to reclaim the space where his love belongs
now I can give him the kiss of life
to awaken him


No comments:

Post a Comment