Friday, May 31, 2013

Unicorns

I wouldn't have believed what was seen
if I hadn't believed they existed

Right in my own yard
grazing on the grasses
I thought lacked nutrients
it stood there
looking at me
seeing me

The danger I felt as I approached
was incredible
that one horn poised at my heart
but I had to touch it
I had to get close to it's magnificence

When I summoned enough nerve
I touched it
it shifted it's weight
so I removed my hand
then noticed it had moved closer

My happiness
shining on my face
it pressed itself into me
eating from the light between both us
I digested the bliss

then noticed
I was pressed next to a face
my mouth in the hands of pure light
I shifted

the danger I felt
standing next to someone so magnificent
I could not stand to look for long
The greens I grazed
followed the footsteps of this being
and I was satisfied
I looked
I saw a blinding light
and it pulled me
it called my light

I wouldn't have believed what I had seen
had I not believed they existed



No comments:

Post a Comment