Friday, January 11, 2013

Work of Art

I'm a work of art
so skillfully crafted
I almost seem real
don't I

My thoughts
picked from the best minds
mixed together
with the right amount of right and wrong
so full of ambiguity
expressed in breath or ink
they seem so deep
so real don't they

My feelings
hand-picked at the height of correctness
not too sweet
so people hate me
not too sour to offend
unfortunately they are artificially flavored
by the decisions and opinions of others

like a Noni Flower
I have been made using
the visions of real things
so beautiful
because I mimic what's real
almost to perfection

Like most things artificial
I am made of things
which have no true life of their own
so this being I am
is durable and hard to destroy
with anything natural

I am a work of art
but I wish to be real
I wish to let waters of love
seep deep into fragile roots
and bring me to life
to a real me
the real me with an eternity all it's own


http://noniflowers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment